Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wet and Wild

God has a funny way of working sometimes. Through really random circumstances, we found out that our neighbors are really good friends from high school with a friend of mine from college (Julie Q). We hadn't had a chance to get to know each other much the first few years in the neighborhood, but this year I have had the honor of working with Kim at Community Bible Study. I started attending the bible study last fall and had been looking for somewhere to serve and one week Kim did a presentation about the home school class in the children's department and mentioned that they needed another teacher to help her. I felt like that was a great opportunity but just like me, I was a little hesitant because I didn't know what I would be getting myself into. Well, I ran into Kim one day in the neighborhood and mentioned that I was interested and soon after was helping teach the home school bible study with her. It has been such a blessing to work with these kids at CBS, but another unexpected blessing has been getting to know the Lockharts better. We love Quinn and Payton and I love to see them play because they are so sweet and set a great example for Isabel.

Recently, the girls came down to visit and we filled up the water/sand table (we haven't filled it with sand yet because I know Isabel will just eat it) and had some fun!

Quinn is in the Tinkerbell dress and Payton is the one drinking the nasty pollen water. Good thing there was a drain hole in the bottom of that toy.



Tinkerbell was hard at work





Payton was at it again. Isabel was trying to drink her share too but I didn't get that on camera.


Of course they were all wet so luckily we had a tshirt that fit Quinn and a onesie for Payton. Quinn walked home in a Tinkerbell tshirt, undies and princess shoes. Priceless.

We are thankful for the Lockharts and look forward to many fun days this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment