Thursday, January 7, 2010

9 Months

Over the past few weeks, I have slowly, and reluctantly, come to the conclusion that I no longer have a baby ... but a little girl. She no longer fits perfectly in my lap when I rock her. Her sweet little chunky legs now have to dangle over the arm of the rocker. She protests when I have to take something away from her that she wants. I had to clean out her closet and dresser of her baby clothes to make room for her big girl clothes. It brings tears to my eyes as I type. Not tears of sadness but of joy that we have been so blessed with such a perfect little bundle. Ok, she's not totally perfect. She grinds her teeth which drives me crazy, but other than that, she's pretty darn close. Colin and I love her so deeply and we pray that she can one day comprehend that our love is just a glimpse of God's love for her.

If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!
-Luke 11:13


Today we celebrate 9 months of life with Isabel!

Isabel Grace - you are the sweetest blessing that we could have ever imagined! Your Daddy and I love you very much! Happy 9 Month Birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Haley - Isabel looks like a little doll in that picture!! So perfect!!
    Congratulations on this milestone. 9 months was a little tough for me for some reason. These girls are just growing up too fast!!
    Wishing you all a very happy 2010!!
    Hugs and kisses to Miss Isabel from her BFF Abby.
    Love,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 9 Month Birthday to that sweet little angel! I miss y'all and Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy "9-month birthday" Isabel Grace. My heart just melts with the love I have for you when I look at each picture that Mommy posts. God has truly blessed us with the sweetest angel ever!
    Love, Noni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mia misses you already, Darling? I love "escaping" to our "Isabel Grace and Mia's big days"! I had lots of fun with your Mommy (my baby, while you napped, yesterday, too.

    I took 138 pics on Friday when Papa John and I were there. There were a couple of Heather, but the rest were YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete